Re: [NNTPCACHE] Running on MacOS-X.. (3.0.0b2 version)

Julian writes:

>> Why it was looking backwards from the passwords point of view for the "@"
>> is beyond me.. Anyway, by changing the "strrchr" to "strchr", the problem

>This reverse searching is to permit @ and : in the username &
>password. Mind you, the -2 is totally bogus. This is fixed in 3.0.1. As
>for your comment problems, I'm a bit puzzled. The code looks ok.
>Anyone have similar problems?

In my case, my line in the nntpcache.server file looks something like :

user:pass@news.mindspring.com DEFAULT           4h      2d      2d      30m
60d     60d

In the code, after obtaining the password, the "password" pointer contains
the string "pass@news.mindspring.com".  So, with the standard code in
place, it starts looking
two characters before the "pass" and starts looking backwards.. Unless I'm
totally \
missing something, it will never find the hostname, unless your doing
something like :

@hostname:user:pass

Even then, I don't think it would find some of the other "stuff".. In my
case, the
hostname was NEVER found -- it was always null..

-- Rick