[NNTPCACHE] Running on MacOS-X.. (3.0.0b2 version)

Ok.. I was able to get NNTPCache working on MacOS-X yesterday
with some minor nits.  On the configure line, I had to specify
--host=ppc, which was sufficient to make configure happy enough
to finish.

The rest of the package built and installed properly, but had
issues with parsing the commands in nntpcache.server, since I
was specifying a username:password combination.. So, I was
required to change one line of code in load_servers() to make it
behave properly.. I'm *thinking* that this perhaps was broken
recently with some other changes in the same area, but haven't
bothered to verify that..

The line in question is :

813:			if ((hostname = strrchr(password-2, '@')) != NULL) {

813:			if ((hostname = strchr(password, '@')) != NULL) {

It was looking the wrong direction for the "@", since the string
is in the format (according to the example file) user:password@hostname

Why it was looking backwards from the passwords point of view for the "@"
is beyond me.. Anyway, by changing the "strrchr" to "strchr", the problem
is gone.. One minor parsing nit though that *might* bite someone else.. I
was using the distributed nntpcache.server file with ALL lines commented
out, and just added my new lines at the end of the file.. Apparently, the
parser is using comments as if they were not commented or something, because
I was never able to get it to work unless I removed ALL of the commented
examples out.. I was consistently getting errors about the %BeginGroups
tag on line 161 or something like that.. Line 161 was a comment and wasn't
a %BeginGroup tag.. It's somewhat minor, but could cause trouble for new
installations..

Overall, this program works MUCH better than Leafnode did for me.. I use
the Gravity newsreader remotely, and Leafnode didn't want to play with it
for some reason.. However, NNTPCache works GREAT with it!  Totally seamless!
Thanks for a great product..

Below is my patch :

diff -r nntpcache-3.0.0b2/src/nntpcache.c
nntpcache-3.0.0b2-orig/src/nntpcache.c
813c813
<                       if ((hostname = strchr(password, '@')) != NULL) {
---