NNTPC: SIGSEGV!

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 02:52:30PM +1100, Julian Assange wrote:

> It sounds like you're runing <2.4.x and cache.mmap has been corrupted.
> Try removing cache.*

While I am not running an a pre 2.4 kernel, doing as you instructed
did fix the problem. I am guessing that the corruption (if that was
the cause of the problem) was a result of a couple of kernel OOPSs
that I had just after reboot eariler today[1].
If nntpcache was rebuilding the cache at the time then this seems
like a possability. On the other hand, I don't actually know what
nntpcache does after a reboot, so as always, I might be compleatly
wrong.
It does seem to be working however, so thanks for your help.

Tim

[1] they were the result of a netfilter bug in kernel 2.4.15-pre2
--
Tim Nicholas                          ||                      Cilix
Email: tim@nicholas.net.nz            ||              ICQ# 15869961