NNTPC: expire requiring debug

 > What OS are you running?

GNU/Linux on both; something Libc5-based, and Debian2.2r2.

 > Tried running GDB and seeing the code where it locks up?

That's what I was in the process of trying (I'd reconfigured/
recompiled to have the symbol tables around to help gdb) when it was
discovered -with-debug and friends made everything work..

It will be several more days before I have another 'window of
opportunity' to hunt around on these production systems. Watch this
space.

--
Chris