Re: NNTPC: ihave broken

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997 proff@suburbia.net wrote:

> I sent a patch to the mailing list for ihave some time ago. Have a look through
> the archives. It's not included in pachy.

IIRC, this patch was only to prevent all and sundry saying "ihave"
to the server (which is another gaping security hole which should
have been in patchy).

Speaking as an experienced news admin, It's somewhat of a mixed
blessing that nntpcached's current ihave behaviour is badly broken,
as otherwise every spam artist on the planet would be out hunting
down open nntpcached servers to inject articles with bogus paths.

Julian, I never got a reply back from you regarding my offer of an
ihave server to test out nntpcached on.

AB