Re: NNTPC: nntpcache-1.0.7.1 bug ?

In message <199711121624.IAA29255@user2.teleport.com>,
Aaron Nabil <nabil@teleport.com> writes:
| Paul Gregg writes...
| > Im afraid I'm just on this list (as of one day), Website is poor, and cant
| > find list archives....  so please bear with me.
|
| ftp://suburbia.net/pub/mailinglists/nntpcache-users

Thanks.

| > However, in a test, I entered news.software.nntp and looked at a few articl
|    es
| > then entered news.software.readers and noticed immediately that I was
| > looking at the same articles (with some more). Odd.
|
| I suspect you have just discovered "crossposting".

Uh, no. I think I've been in the game long enough now to know that they were
not crossposted - I'm not a complete thicko.

| > Investigation of the cache revealed that in both nntpcache cache directorie
| > they had the same files (same inodes) in both directories.
|
| And "hard links".
|
| > Is this a known nntpcache bug?  Can I fix it? etc etc etc
|
| It would only be a bug if in fact the articles in question were not
| crossposted to those two groups.  No one has of yet reported nntpcache
| mistakenly crossposting articles between groups.

I would view it as a bug, having maintained several INN servers over many
years.

Perhaps the following evidence will help:
sparcy:root/pts/3-/usr/news/nntpcache/cache/news-feed4.bt.net:119/news/software-664#->more readers/42048_head