Re: NNTPC: nntpcache-1.0.7.1 bug ?

Matthew Stein writes...
> On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Aaron Nabil wrote:
>
> > It would only be a bug if in fact the articles in question were not
> > crossposted to those two groups.  No one has of yet reported nntpcache
> > mistakenly crossposting articles between groups.
>
> Odd as it may seem, I use NNTPCache quite successfully from anything but
> TIN.  With TIN, I see exactly what he's referring to.  I change groups,
> but I carry the articles with me.
>
> No, these aren't crossposts, either.

It would be valuable if you did the same thing he did and looked in the
cache and see if the duplicated articles in question were crossposted (hard
linked) by nntpcache.  And the debug trace of that session, of course.

Hmm, could you also tell me if you have "forward unknowns" turned on?  I
can imagine that being the culprit.

I've got TIN here as well, I'll give it a try.

--
Aaron Nabil
nabil@teleport.com