A bug in nntpcache??

Hey.

Recently due to changes with our upstream providers (some of them are now
running nntpcache and some are running dnews (sucking mode)) we have run
into a new problem.

It seems that when a dnews server is asked to list overview.fmt, it gives
the "bytes" field as "bytecount".  Now this is broken of dnews but it would
be nice if nntpcache could handle minor anomilies like this.

Also he was playing with ihave features and found that the first thing
nntpcache does when it connects to its upstream is issue the command 'mode
reader'.  You can't go back to ihave commands once you have issued the
'mode reader' command.

Does anyone have any comments on these?

Adam.

[This is submitted on behalf of a friend...]

-------------- Earthlight Communications Limited -------------
P.O. Box 5301	            Adam Shand      (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand   Systems Manager  (voice) +64 3 479 0303
--------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz/ ---------------