Re: NNTPC: Problem with expire under Solaris 2.4

> This is a typical sign of mixing SVR4 directory routines with the BSD
> ones. Make sure that you do *not* link with -lucblib, ever!

Thank you.  This is all well and good, however, how does one then correct
the base problem of the program using a BSD library call in an SVR4 environment?
I found the bcopy call in mmalloc/mrealloc.c.  Apparently the configuration
script did not realize that Solaris has the memmove library call so the
macro replacement of memmove by bcopy is being made.  It is not obvious to
me, however, how HAVE_MEMMOVE is supposed to be set.  A grep for HAVE_MEMMOVE
through both the mmalloc and parent directories found only the one occurrance
and adding #define HAVE_MEMMOVE to config.h in the source root directory had
no effect.

There are some other things I can and intend to try, however, it would be
nice if things like this were pointed out in the PORTS (or INSTALL) files.
--
O- J. Anthony Fitzgerald, jaf@UNB.ca, http://www.unb.ca/csd/staff/jaf/ -O