NNTPC: FTP problems, and nntpcache-1.0.6 on SparcLinux...

Chirik writes:

    2) I'm trying to run nntpcache on a Sparc running SparcLinux.  I was able
  to compile nntpcache with little/no difficulty, but after doing so, it would
  crash with a SEGV while setting up the mmap.  Compiling identical source on
  my Intel machine had no problems, but do to resource utilization, I can't
  run nntpcache on it - I need to run it on my Sparc system.  Am I doing
  something wrong, or is there something wrong with my SparcLinux system, or
  is there a bug?  My system is an SUN SparcStation IPC with 12 megs of memory
  (Yes, I know it's pathetic ;-) and is running RedHat Sparc/Linux 4.1.1
  (Vandy, Jr.)

I don't know about SparcLinux, but we've been running nntpcache since
version 1.0 on Sunos-4.1.3 with no problems at all.  It is currently
running on a Sparc-2 with a Weitek Power-Up and 64m.

--

Ronald Florence			Maple Lawn Farm, Stonington, CT
ron@mlfarm.com			http://www.connix.com/~mlfarm