NNTPC: New to nntpcache

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Andre Albsmeier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am new to nntpcache and wonder if nntpcache.org really exists.
> At least, I found this mailinglist. Please tell me, where I can
> the newest version nad maybe other information for starting.

It exists, but the domain is On Hold, probably for nonpayment. It is
danmed difficult to get the InterNIC's attention sometimes even if you
have the money ready to spend:

$ whois nntpcache.org
[rs.internic.net]
ADSO (NNTPCACHE-DOM)
   PO BOX 2031
   Barker, VIC 3122
   Australia

   Domain Name: NNTPCACHE.ORG
   Domain Status: On Hold
[snip]

While this condition persists, requests for addresses associated with the
domain will not work.

-Richard Bullington <rbulling@obscure.org>   http://www.obscure.org