NNTPC: Is nntpcache ready for heavy use?

> This is a warning: my message below was EDITED by the moderator. When you
> read nntpc and nntp, I wrote NNTPCACHE.
> Let's see if this goes out this time. If not, I'll send my message directly
> to the recipients without using the list.

No, it wasn't actually, infact this list isn't moderated.

> 	Gelson
>
> ----------
> > De: Gelson Dias Santos <gelson@cpd.ufrgs.br>
> > Para: nntpcache-users@suburbia.net
> > Assunto: NNTPC: Is nntpcache ready for heavy use?
> > Data: Quarta-feira, 12 de Março de 1997 13:56
> >
> > > I have an INN installation ready to go, but am very seriously
> considering
> > > using nntpcache instead (with INN just doing our local groups).  I've
> > done
> >
> > 	I would consider Dnews from Netwin instead. It's the easiest nntp server
> > used to date (it includes nntpc, anu news, inn and cnews), runs on any
			      ^^^^^
I don't like dnews much (no source, and its NT style nature being
one of the reasons), but many people stand by it as a news-server.
As a cache I don't like it much.

--
Prof. Julian Assange  |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
proff@iq.org          |and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery