NNTPC: Socket in CLOSE state and Memory currupt related?

Hi,

I just searched the sources for the reason of one socket remaining in CLOSE
state forever and finally found it. The main process loads overview.fmt in
list.c/updateDaemon()/getListServer and then never closes the socket.

I tried to close the socket with detachServer() (and alternatively with
fclose(scfg->fh);scfg->fd=-1; ) immediately afterwards, but that somehow
influences the stability. The socket actually gets closed, but I did get a
lot of "Memory corrupt" errors, when clients connected.

Is my solution wrong or did it trigger some other bug in nntpcache?

Ciao,

Franz Sirl

phone  +49 8104 8943-60                mail  Lauterbach Datentechnik GmbH
fax    +49 8104 8943-49                      c/o Franz Sirl
URLs   <mailto:franz.sirl@lauterbach.com>    Fichtenstr. 27
       <http://www.lauterbach.com>           D-85649 Hofolding
       <ftp://ftp.lauterbach.com>            Germany