0.87.9 Bugs

Hi,

> > 2. If one reads an article in a cached newsgroup or does a catchup -
> >    mark all articles as read, leaves the newsgroup, then reenters,
> >    those articles become unread again.  With an uncached newsgroup
> >    this problem still happens, but much less frequent.
>
> This sounds more like a problem with tin. nntpcache is never told
> what messages are read or otherwise by tin.

The problem doesn't show up with using tin with INN 1.4
(the newserver that my setup of NNTPCache reads from), however.

Please have a check.  Thanks a lot.

> > 4. In nntpcache.access, I put a "-" to forbid access to a set of
> >    newsgroups.  The result is that tin still shows those newsgroups
> >    as available, although those newsgroups become empty.
>
> This is correct behavior. It is a performence issue to some extent -
> pattern matching every line of the active and newsgroups file is
> very expensive. I introduce a toggleable list ``concealing'' feature
> of there is enough demand.

I'd prefer to have those forbidden newsgroups not show up because
it'd be illegal to re-distribute clarinet newsgroups (AFAIK) for me.
Having phantom clari.* is kind of dangerous.

> > 1. To have separate control of read/post rights to newsgroups
> >    on a per-group per-basis.  I need this feature very very much.
>
> strangly enough, I've just coded this into the nntpcache.access file
> routines about an hour ago (!).

Great !

Best Regards,
Peter Wai-Kwok Lie