NNTPC: nntpcache starts but that is about it

SE Net nntpcache wrote:
> This is what I get when issueing commands across telnet.

OK.  I guess the easiest way to work out what's wrong is for you to debug it
with gdb.  Simply compile nntpcached with -g (which is the default), and don't
strip it.  Then run it as usual.  After it has finished merging these files,
i.e., when nntpcache-update has finished, run "gdb nntpcached pid" in the dir
where nntpcached's source code resides and pid is the pid of the nntpcached
daemon.  Make a breakpoint doList and trace through to see what it does.

To do the last step:

1. (In gdb) type break doList.
2. type c.
3. Switch to another vc or xterm and telnet news 119, then list.
4. Switch back to gdb and it should have stopped at doList.
5. Use 'n' to step through to see what it does and then post your results.

--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.2 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@greathan.apana.org.au>