NNTPC: Status of NNTPCACHE

>	We run two copies of nntpcache, serving several hundred users.
>The only problem we're seeing is that nntpcache crashes several times
>a week, with a "Memory currupt" (sic) message. Even this is not a real
>showstopper, as it is (almost) trivial to write a supervision process
>that restarts nntpcache when it dies (which should not be taken to
>mean that I have written such a program :-)

I got a copy of keep-alive.pl from someone on this list (thank you!) and
set it to respawn from inittab if the keep-alive.pl script died.  It has
been running that way with no problems for about 2 months.  If anyone
want's them I can provide the scripts etc that I am using.

I haven't run into any problems doing it this way except for yesterday
which was due to my own stupidity.

Adam