NNTPC: nntpcache without mmap()

 We  have begun looking at using nntpcache in our ISP operation. I have read
 the FAQ, and begun studying code. I was  wondering  if  there  is  a  known
 modification or version of the program that does not use mmap.

 We  use the Qnx OS in our operation. It's implementation of mmap() does not
 appear to be completely compatible with nntpcache's requirements.

 Is there a way to redirect  the  mmap()  code  to  use  physical  file  i/o
 instead?  I  understand  their  may be a performance penalty, but with good
 hardware disk cache, I believe we can minimize the effect.

---
Jim C., President       | C a r r o l l - N e t, Inc.
201-488-1332 voice      | New Jersey's Premier Internet Service Provider
201-487-5717 dialup     |
http://www.carroll.com  | Ask about our Business Web Services