NNTPC: nntpcache will not get active stuff

At 05:00 PM 1/6/97 +1030, you wrote:
>nntpcache sounds great, Although it doesn't seem to work :-)
>
>Seriously, here is some of the logs from my /var/log/messages file.
>
>any offers of help??
>
>Also is there an FAQ for nntpcache anywhere?
>
>TIA

Have you spoken to Telstra at all, they dont normally allow "browse" access to
their news servers. (I ended up in a huge argument with Geoff Huston over
whether
or not I could do this over a 28k link and get their 5k of newsgroups, in
the end I
convinced him to let me try)

I am no longer with Telstra Internet but I suspect the situation is the
same, just argue until they accept it. I've done it so don't let them say
"It can't be done"

side note: I'm using nntpcache over a 28k link to get 27K of newsgroups now
and it works very well... ;>

Andrew

      Andrew Whittle - andrew@connectNET.net.au - Ph. +61 (3) 9329 6848
          Personal Home Page: http://www.connectNET.net.au/~andrew