Re: NNTPC: nntpcache dying...

>  Yep ... same thing happening here.  We're running linux 2.0.24 on the news
>machine.  Just installed nntpcache 1.01, though, so hopefully that might do
>something.
>
>  Been all over the logs (syslog, debug, nntpcache log) and nothing unusual
>has shown up.  Bit of a bummer really.

  Looks like I lied :)

  We are getting "Memory currupt" messages .... by the way, Julian, is that
supposed to be "corrupt" instead of "currupt"???

  Here's the exact line from the nntpcache log:

 /usr/local/sbin/nntpcached[29206]: nntpcache.c:451:Illegal seek: Memory
currupt

  Anyway, I've written a perl script that checks on the status of the server
every 15 seconds and restarts it if it isn't running, therefore maintaining
some semblance of workability.  Anybody interested in it??

  David Khoury                        |  "Where's the KABOOM ??
  Technical Manager & User Support    |   There was supposed to be an
  dave@flex.com.au                    |    earth shattering KABOOM!!"
  http://www.flex.com.au/~dave        |              Marvin the Martian