Re: NNTPC: Two nntpcaches

> Hi,
>
> we have installed nntpcache (OUR), which contacts an another nntpcache
> (ANOTHER) for requested articles. If the requested articles are not
> found at ANOTHER, it contacts his news server.
>
> Furthermore, we like to have local newsgroups, which should not be
> posted to other sites. Therefore we run nntpcache at port 119 and a
> newsserver (INN) at port 120 for the local newsgroups.
>
> Now my problems:
>
> 1) Posting an article when connected to OUR takes a long time. Network
> is o.k.. Why posting takes such a long time? How can I increase the
> performance for posting?

nntpcache posts as quickly as the network/news servers will permit it.
It shouldn't take longer than an normal client takes to post, except
for the situation where there are multiple servers configured to take
posts for the specified groups (i.e a cross-post), in which case
nntpcache has to post the message to each one of the servers serving
those groups.

> 2) The above mentioned part of local newsgroups does not work at the
> moment. Which kind of configuration mistake could it be? Telnet ANOTHER
> from ANOTHER at port 119 (nntpcache) leads to the message:
>  you do not have connect permission in the access file
> Telnet ANOTHER from ANOTHER at port 120 (INN) leads to a o.k., but
> ANOTHER thinks of me as a feeder. Typing: mode reader
> leads to
>   you are not in my access file
> Greetings.
> Mario.

Looks to me look you need to edit your inn access file ;)

Cheers,
Julian.

--
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely  exercised for the good of its victims
 may be the most  oppressive.  It may be better to live under  robber barons