problem with overviews

The newserver I get my news from, dnntp 0.9l, doesn't like the
list overview.fmt command, but it does support the xover command.
When I issue a xover command to nntpcache it responds with
430 no overview.fmt for this server

except it doesn't put a newline at the end, which is bad, isn't it?
Anyway, how adding a default overview format somewhere?

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun.   |
|Trent Piepho (xyzzy@u.washington.edu)                   -- Metallica  |