Re: NNTPC: Performance tuning NNTPcache

On Fri, Aug 17, 2001 at 02:15:42PM +0100, Jamie Heckford wrote:

> Does anyone have any links to performance tuning nntpcache, or FreeBSD to
> work better with nntpcache, so I can RTFM?
>
> Im looking for things like variables that can be tweaked via sysctl or the
> nntpcache config file would be useful...

Nothing really nntpcache specific, but on the filesystem your cache lives
on you might want to turn on softupdates, use a small block size, and
generally optimize for lots of small files and small read/writes. If
you're building the box from scratch, hardware and all, you have even
more options.

Thanks,

-Brian

--