Re: NNTPC: Fixing 'skipping unavailable article'?

kadokev@msg.net writes:

> I read news off of several servers, with my primary access coming from a
> Remarq/Supernews individual account (username and password).
>
> I find that when I read a group which I have not accessed in several weeks,
> I have thousands of articles in the NNTPCache overview which are not actually
> accessible on the Remarq server. Expiration does not improve the situation.
>
> Can anybody suggest a workaround to force the removal from NNTPCache of
> articles which are in the cached overview but which the body is not available
> from any configured server?
>
> This is with nntpcache-2.4.0b5 and TRN.

nntpcache should update the low-water count from time to
time. According to information provided by the Remarq active list. Do you
see the same behavior with other news readers.

--
 Julian Assange        |If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
 proff@iq.org          |work, but rather teach them to long for the endless
 proff@gnu.ai.mit.edu  |immensity of the sea. -- Antoine de Saint Exupery