Re: NNTPC: couldn't attach mmap() region. abort.

Thomas Schweikle [tschweikle@fkn.de] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Compiling NNTPCache using latest versions of gcc leads to an error running
> NNTPCache, while it compiles fine:
>
> NNTPC: couldn't attach mmap() region. abort.
>
> I could verify this using
>
> - gcc-2.95.2
> - glib-1.2.8
> - glibc-2.2
>
> I tested with SuSE Linux 7.1 with latest patches and bugfixes applied.
>
> Using glibc-2.1 compiles fine too, but only NNTPCache 2.3.3 will run
> without error. NNTPCache 2.4b5 will have it.
> Using glibc-2.0 will produce a working NNTPCache 2.3.3 and 2.4b5.

This isn't true for all situations.  I've compiled and run NNTPCache
2.4b5 on my box at home:

Debian Sid, Gcc 2.95.3, GlibC 2.2.2.

Perhaps you just need to rm cache.mmap when you change libc?
Or perhaps they fixed some bugs since?

Faye

--
Faye Pearson,
Software Development Manager,

Hope that the day after you die is a nice day.