Couple of problems with nntpcache .8

I've got a couple of problems with nntpcache .8...

I'm using Knews(under linux) to do the reading and one of the things that
happens is when Knews scans a newsgroup, I get in the log:

Sep 29 23:42:15 moe /usr/local/sbin/nntpcached[30941]: article.c:77:No such
file or directory: badly formed article head comp/os/linux/announce/5999

and Knews stalls in the scanning. I have to abort the scan, and I can't look
at that group until that article is flushed from the main server.

The other problem seems to be corruption of the reading of posts...

I'll read a post, and get the article, then when I read the next one, I get
most of the text of the first one.  If I re-read the same article, I get the
correct text.

I have no idea why this is happening, anyone else have this happening?

Greg