How should I add user-id logging?

I currently authenticate using RADIUS which I've patched to work.
I'd like to pass back the user id of the customer so that I can include
that in X-Trace headers to save on time when handling abuse.

If ident is disabled, then the user always seems to come up as Unknown
even if they have provided authentication tokens.

What I'd like to do is pass back the username from RADIUS as the userid
then use the passed back username in the ClientHost.

Any comments or caveats?

Faye

--
Faye Pearson,
Software Development Manager,

The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
between a mermaid and a seal.
		-- Mark Twain