Re: NNTPC: username/password

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Markus Mohr wrote:

> > > I have a news feed that requires a username/password combination for
> > > access. Where and how can I enter this info to automatically get news
> > > from there (with nntpcache of course :)?
> >
> > examine nntpcache.servers it has examples.
> I use nntpcache 2.3.3 on Debian (stable) and I looked in the
> nntpcache.servers.orig (yes, before I posted here :), but found no
> corresponding example.

Upgrade! 2.3 is old, and I'm not terribly sure whether it supports
username/password combo's (though I could be wrong).. Here what my access
file says..

# "auth" in the permissions field dictates that AUTHINFO authorisation
# is required for the line to have any effect. (username/password, as
# per /etc/passwd or NIS). The auth type can be further specified with
# '=' and ';' to seperate additional arguments. i.e
#
#                  auth=arg1;arg2;...argn
#
# where arg1 is the authentication method, "user/pass" or "sasl"
# and arg2 is the authenticator i.e "ldap", "passwd", "pipe", or
# "radius".
# for example
#
#                  auth=user/pass;passwd
# or
#                  auth=user/pass;ldap
[etc..]

Peter.

--
Until I loved, life had no beauty;
I did not know I lived until I had loved. (Theodor Korner)