username / password

Hello,

I read the discussion from yesterday about the username / password combination.
The nntpcache.servers (2.3.3) doesn't include any examples on that. So I
downloaded the newest release (2.4.0b5), but that doesn't seem to have examples,
either.

The news-server I'm talking about is "betanews.microsoft.com". Has anyone had
any experience with it ?
The username for this server is similar to "abcdefg\12345" and the password is
some combination of letters and digits.

What would the correct syntax for this kind of combination be ?

I tried "abcdefg\12345:a8d83hdj2@betanews.microsoft.com", but the logfile said
"could not convert ... to an address".

Greetings, Thomas