NNTPCache: user authentication

Question:
I cannot seem to set authentication from /etc/passwd.
I wan't to authenticate users when connecting to my nntpcache server (I
don't care what groups are they reading).
I compiled /etc/passwd and Pipe support on Linux and Solaris. None of it
works for me. It must be I'm doing something wrong, but ... When I remove
auth/conenct nntpcache works fine. I haven't found in config files some
example of doing user authentication.

In nntpcache.config:
/* I'm running nntpcached as root to be able to read /etc/shadow */

authinfoDefaultType	user/pass
authinfoDefaultSource	passwd

In nntpcache.access:

*	connect		read,post
or
*	*		read,post,auth
I tried several scenarios. It asks me to username/password, but after that
it says error:
User doesn't have access rights ...
nobody@10.1.195.155

user: jura
(Something like that, I'm writing by memory right now).

thanks,
Jura