Problem

Hello I am new to NNTP Cache and am having a few problems.

I downloaded the latest beta from the website. I unzipped it and untar'd it.

I read through the INSTALL file and have got as far as step 8.

As in, I have renamed the nntpcache (server, access and config) files and
configured them.

When I type nntpcached (step 8), I get the following output

bergkamp:/usr/local/mohmed/original_nntpcache_files# nntpcached
NNTPCache-2.4.0b5
Copyright (c) 1996-1999 Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
Copyright (c) 1998-1999 Australian National Cognitive Facility
See the files "COPYING", "FAQ", "LICENSING" and
http://www.nntpcache.org/ for copyright details
cwd now /usr/local/etc/nntpcache
cwd now /usr/local/etc/nntpcache
detaching from tty

Although there is no error message, I don't think this is right. When I try
to do the next 2 steps (connect via a web browser and telnet to it using
port 119), it comes back with "error requested URL could not be retrieved"
and timesout respectively.

I think I might have configured the nntpcache files improperly but where
exactly have I gone wrong ?

Thanks a lot.