newshound help please

Hiya
	I am currently charged with the duty of setting up nntp cache to
try and offload some of the work from our primary news server.  Whilst the
drives are being formated and the machine is installing Solaris, I have
setup nntpcache on my desktop PC so I can get a feel for it, and have a
play :)

	However I am having problems running newshound... I have copied
the newshound.conf file into /etc and when I come to run the program
itself I just get the responce of :

Problem with configuration file /etc/newshound.conf

I have compiled the program into /opt/nntpcache

can anyone suggest why this is happening?

The config file newshound.conf is:

; /etc/newshound.conf file
; Newshound Ver 2.0
;
; email :- andre@weblink.solutions.net.au
;
; Should be local news server. Nntpcache will handle the hard stuff.
;
SERVER          news.u-net.com
PORT            119
;
; Ban list switches=(on/off/ON/OFF/yes/no/YES/no)
;
BAN             off
;
; Groups with these words found in them are banned.
;
WORD            binary
;WORD           binaries
;WORD           picture
;WORD           sex
;
; Files we work with. Don't include trailing / for directories.
;
CACHEDIR        /opt/nntpcache/var/nntpcache
CACHEHISTORY    cache.history
HOUNDLIST       hound.list
;
; Hound napping time, after which the hound starts snapping. ;-)
;
MINS            60
;
; We don't collect for groups with less then LOWMARK's article count.
;
LOWMARK         50
;

Thanx in advance