nntpcache does not bahabe like INN/NNRPD

I have installed nntpcache 2.3.3, 2.4.0b3 and it does not bahave like nnrpd.

I am using both netscape client 4.73 and MS outlook express 5.0.

In both case, once the list of newsgroups has been downloaded i cannot search
for a particular string and for a particular newsgroup. Also i am not able to
see the new newsgroups...

In this normal behavior ?