Re: NNTPC: Not opening the NNTP socket...

Nope.  Still happening for me.  If I do nntpcache -n, it opens the socket,
but then when I connect to it with telnet, it tells me it's merging
groups.  So far it's been merging groups for 3 days, w/o burning up more
than a second or so of CPU time.

I think it's just plain screwed up.  I'm heading back to beta2, which
seemed to work OK.