Re: NNTPC: Error message from the cache

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Pete Black wrote:

> 	For some reason when Netscape 4.7 asks the server if it has any new
> groups it returns this string:
>
> "yymmdd hhmmss ["GMT"] [<distributions>]"
>
> 	Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes they have, and the problem has been fixed in the latest beta 2.04b3
(you didn't say what version you are running). There are a couple of build
errors in that version, but people have posted fixes for them.

[It'd be nice if 2.0.4b4 would come out, so that nntpcache compiles and
runs at least on RedHat linux. Hint! Hint!]

--

Charlie Brady
Aurema Pty Ltd