0.92.4UL with Linux and Solaris 2.4

Hi there, I'm a user of the old 087 release of nntpcache and recently
decided to try upgrading.

My original machine is Sun classic LX with Solaris 2.4 on it.
the program compiles fine, and installs fine.
But when run, it doesn't give any syslog information at all.
It spawns a child, which seems to get various bits of information,
(growing in size as it does), then exits.  The mail program doesn't show this
memory increase.  I don't see a mmap file, and when I try connecting with
the server I get no banner. (and no spawned child on the server)

Now, the other machine I tryed this on is a linux box (kernel 2.0.x)
It compiled fine, started fine, logs fine.  But I can only do a group on
news.answers, if I try on anything else, I get "411 no such group".
(and yes, those groups are there, netscape listed all of them, but couldn't
access them)

Anyone have any ideas?

Greg