Re: NNTPC: How do you merge groups from two servers ?

On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Nimrod Dahan wrote:
> I haven't found any manual....
> Or any syntax explanations for the servers configuration file (only examples).
>
> So I will ask you:
>
> Now the cache consults ONLY the fast server.
> This is bad because most of the articles on that server expires FAST.
>
> Again, what I want is that when I ask nntpcache for an article in a alt.*
> group
> it will first chech in it's cache, if it's not there will check the fast
> server and if it's
> not there check the slow one.
>
> I'm not even sure nntpcache is able to do this. But if it can, I would
> appriciate
> instructions how to do this.

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear the first time, from what I have seen,
nntpcache will NOT do this.

Caching aside, it will only consult the first server which carries the group
and ONLY the first server. It does not consult other servers even if they
carry articles not on the first server which has the group.

Regards,
Rob

--
----------------"Linux the choice of a GNU Generation!"-----------------
Robert Hardy                                          C.E.O. Webcon Inc.