COmpile on Solaris

Has anybody got this to compile on Solaris?  I have tried 2.6, 2.7, GCC and
Workshop and I get the same basic errors.  Can somebody point me in the
correct direction?

Making all in libmmalloc
make: Fatal error in reader: ../mk/rules.mk, line 10: More than one %
pattern on
 right hand side
Current working directory /var/tmp/nntpcache-2.3.3/libmmalloc
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /var/tmp/nntpcache-2.3.3
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

the system manager.

AT&T COMMUNICATIONS (UK) LTD.