Re: NNTPC: mmap not working under Solaris?

[Previously, Barry Brown reported]

>When I telnet to "localhost 119" to test the cache, I get a connection but
>no welcome message.  The initial startup syslog messages show nothing
>really out of the ordinary, so all I can deduce is that nntpcached isn't
>going much further than accept()ing the connection.

[Logfile removed]

I seem to have the same problem. (output from uname & mmap.c follows)

SunOS pandora 5.5 Generic sun4m sparc sun4m
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_PRIVATE_READ
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_PRIVATE_CHILD_INHERIT
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_PRIVATE_WRITE
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_SHARED_READ
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_SHARED_CHILD_INHERIT
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_SHARED_CHILD_READ_PARENT_WRITE
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_SHARED_PARENT_READ_CHILD_WRITE
HAVE_MMAP_FILE_SHARED_WRITE
HAVE_MMAP_DEV_ZERO_PRIVATE
HAVE_MMAP_DEV_ZERO_PRIVATE_CHILD_INHERIT
HAVE_MMAP_DEV_ZERO_SHARED
HAVE_MMAP_DEV_ZERO_SHARED_CHILD_INHERIT
HAVE_MMAP_DEV_ZERO_SHARED_CHILD_READ_PARENT_WRITE
HAVE_MMAP_DEV_ZERO_SHARED_PARENT_READ_CHILD_WRITE

Compiler is GCC 2.7.2

Oddity: When compiling, it dies on entering the mmalloc directory with the
line -
make[1]: cc: Command not found.

Ah. (Please bear in mind I'm a DOS weenie, here...) Could it be that the
results of the configure script aren't making it to the Makefile in that dir?

(I frigged that by making a symbolic link to gcc, which at least compiled,
but then ran into the problems as described right at the top of this.)

Confused of Cheltenham.

--
John Hawkes-Reed. Net.goth of sorts. Allegedly.