Re: NNTPC: newshound segmentation fault

On Thu, Nov 18, 1999 at 03:12:45PM -0500, BMM wrote:
> I'm finding that newshound dies with a "segmentation fault" or "memory
> fault" when it hits an article which has a "Newsgroups:" line greater than
> 1024 characters.  Changing all instances of 1024 to 2048 in newshound.c
> seems to have gotten around the articles that were giving me trouble, but
> I'm guessing a 2048 character line will still break things.  Is newshound
> still being maintained by someone?

I know that some newsgroup names are getting long these days, but 1K
long Newsgroups: lines are probably a sign of velveeta, if not spam,
neither of which is desirable.  Perhaps some ad junkies or flamers on
your system will miss these articles, but IMHO delete these articles with
extreme prejudice and don't lose any sleep over them.

--
William Burrow -- New Brunswick, Canada
Your education begins where what is called your education is over.