Re: NNTPC: http - wot is it?

Yeah, that's the way I use it.  I schedule it to run at times I expect
interactive traffic to be low to cache the headers of twenty or so of the
most-read newsgroups. You don't have to use it at all to use nntpcache, so
far as I can tell.  Newshound just acts like a client process, requesting
articles or headers or whatever, so that stuff will be cached _before_ a
human comes along to read those groups.  Do you have some scenario in mind
that you're having trouble setting up?

Cheers,

-Brian