Re: NNTPC: have a start on a RPM for 2.3.3

Julian,

Thanks for your reply and feedback.

> "Peter Mullarkey" <peter@rocksteady.com> writes:
>
> > There is an issue that the chmods to news that get done on several
> > directories (e.g., /usr/local/var/nntpcache) aren't happening in the
> > rpm install. My current work-around is to just follow the rpm install
> > with a few cd/chmod commands (extracted from my output log
> > from the real nntpcache 'make install').
>
> I believe rpm's have an "install script", that you can put these into.

I tried that but I'll look into it further.

> > 2) Is there a place I could/should upload the binary rpm?
>
> Announce the url here and I'll put a copy on ftp.nntpcache.org

OK, here it is ;-) Sorry if the mailer breaks the line.

http://www.jump.net/~mullarkey/nntpcache/nntpcache-2.3.3-
1.i386.rpm

> > btw: There were a lot of warnings during the build (done on a
> > Redhat 6.0 machine) - that I haven't tried to track
> > down/understand/fix. I assume that they are basically noise but I
> > wanted anyone who might use the RPM to know that all I know.
>
> Can you send these in?

Sure, I'd be happy to.
There are enough lines that I don't think it would look useful in a
mail message. Would you like me to send you a text file with them
in it (when I tried to reply to proff@iq.org, it bounced) or put it in the
same webpage area?

> Cheers,
> Julian.