Re: NNTPC: Miracle Cure

On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Chuck Dale wrote:

> . Should I keep the DNews server (which sucks about 850meg per day) and
> run NNTPCache elsewhere, feeding of the Dnews server? Or will it work
> better if I simply trash the dnews and cache news directly from our
> upstream?

Personally, I'd just run nntpcache and use newshound to just suck
in the groups which actually need to be sucked.

Nntpcached is purely a cache. Unlike Dnews, it doesn't have its own
article numbering and a given group/hierarchy can't have multiple
parent servers (unless their article numbering is exactly in sync).

AB