Re: NNTPC: Strange behaviour: 20 seconds to wake up???

On Thu, 3 Sep 1998, Chris Wedgwood wrote:

> > It's probably the identd lookups (there's an option to turn them
> > off).
>
> I'm lost as to why this defaults to on since:

_If_ identd is disabled, nntpcache should be getting a connection
refused and be continuing immediately, not hanging round.

The only time I've seen things hang about is when machines don't
send back a RST or when a firewall has eaten the identd request or
reply.

AB