  Many news server no longer include the Xref header in XOVER info.  The
reasoning, is that by removing the Xref headers, which can be very large
is the article is massively crossposted, XOVER material will download
faster.  On 10,000 articles, Xref headers can add an easy 600KB to the
size of XOVER material.

  I used nntpcache on a server without Xref in XOVER, but kept the default
overview.fmt so that nntpcache added Xref stubs in XOVER.  nntpcache
didn't seem to have a problem with this, and client XOVERs download
fast.

  Now, I've got a sever which gives out Xref headers, and I've been doing
some testing with removing Xref from the default overview.fmt, so
nntpcache will strip them.  Hopefully, this will speed client downloads of
XOVER material.  Howerver, there is a lot of code in xover.c that I don't
understand yet, include a lot of special handling of Xref headerss.  Am I
going to run into problems?

Tom