"idleTimeout" warning

  The meaning of the "idleTimeout" param is little different than most
idle timers, and can cause your readers problems if used incorrectly (it
bit me).

  Basically, if any NNTP command takes longer than idleTimeout to
complete, the reader is disconnected.  So, if the client is just slow, or
the server is just slow, or if the reader has issued a big XOVER or
requested a really big article, the connection will dropped, if it takes
longer than idleTimeout.

  I found that 10m is not enough of an idleTimeout considering groups with
60,000 headers in them, and a server that may get a bit slow during peak
time.

  I think nntpcache should disable the idle timer when processing
requests, and re-enable it when waiting for a request.  I think most of
the code is guarded enough so it doesn't need an idle timeer.  Or,
additional calls to alarm() need to be added to the xover and article
retrieval sections.

Tom