Re: NNTPC: Re: Expiration settings (was NNTPC: 2 servers for 1 group)

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Evan Champion wrote:

> >  No, this interface is depreciated.  Doesn't anyone read the release
> >notes? :)
>
> Deprecated isn't supposed to mean dead :-)

  Uhh... sure it is.  It was also kinda of silly to have to stats
interface.  In 2.3.2.1, info was split between the two.  Now everything is
consolidated on the web interface.

> It's showing 5% cache efficiency.  It's also showing 729899627337538
> crossposts and 6405729210 history fetches, so I guess one can believe
> whatever one likes from these stats :-

  Well, your nntpcache.stats file is probably damaged.  You should reset
it.  Probably something didn't work out after upgrading.

  Cach efficiency is easy to verify as well.  The server and client
input/output bytes are displayed.

  The only thing that I see isn't working on the stats is the CPU times
for the master CPU, and this only seems to occur on FreeBSD.

> Evan

Tom