[ANNOUNCE] Perl utilties for NNTPCACHE

Hurm, this might sound Really Important(tm), but I thought I'd post here
anyway. I just finished a few utilities for NNTPCache which I use for my
news machine "news.bogus.net". It's only a small IPX running SparcLinux
with 2GB of disk where I collect news from several servers around the
world.

The problem with this, is, of course, to be sure where the "best" server
is. i.e. where does one get alt.test from? Server 1,2,3 or 4? The little
Perl utility compares N number of active files and generates output
prepared for the nntpcache.servers file.

It is available from

	ftp://ftp.bogus.net/nntpcache/compareservers.tar.gz

Maybe some of you will have use for it.

Regards,

Tor Houghton.