Path problems compiling NNTPCache 2.3.2.1

Hi there,

I'm trying to compile NNTPCache 2.3.2.1 on a Solaris 2.5.1
system using the "19 steps to usenet nirvana".

As stated there I edited my cf/nnconf.cf.in file:

  # location of configuration directory, the config files below
  # are relative to this path. kinda important
  # string configDir "@configDir@"
  string configDir "/opt/NNTPCache-2.3.2.1/etc"
  .
  .
  # the root directory for nntpcached all cache files are created under.
  # if the chroot option is on, this this path is relative to chrootDir
  # (but still needs a leading slash)
  # string cacheDir "@cacheDir@"
  string cacheDir "/opt/NNTPCache-2.3.2.1/cache"

resulting in a cf/nnconf.cf file:

  # location of configuration directory, the config files below
  # are relative to this path. kinda important
  # string configDir "/usr/local/etc/nntpcache"
  string configDir "/opt/NNTPCache-2.3.2.1/etc"
  .
  .
  # the root directory for nntpcached all cache files are created under.
  # if the chroot option is on, this this path is relative to chrootDir
  # (but still needs a leading slash)
  # string cacheDir "/usr/local/var/nntpcache"
  string cacheDir "/opt/NNTPCache-2.3.2.1/cache"

But that doesn't work: The nntpcache.*-dist files are created
in /usr/local/etc/nntpcache, and a VERSION file appears in the
/usr/local/var/nntpcache directory.

Now I have two questions:

1. How can I get all files belonging to NNTPCache to be located
   under /opt/NNTPCache-2.3.2.1?

2. In section 6 of "19 steps to usenet nirvana" a file pgpring.pgp-dist
   is mentioned. I cannot find such a file there. What I can find
   is a pubring.pgp-dist file. Will that do?

Any ideas? Can someone help? Thanks! :-)

Albrecht Mueller