Re: NNTPC: nntpcache-2.3.3b1: probles starting the service

> [...]
>
> > But the service is not started.
> > The syslog only provides the following message:
> >
> > syslog: nntpcache.c:1368 failed assertion: task_desc[nc_none] == NULL
>
> I had the same problem.
> There was no bind to port 119, only to the http port. But ps said the
> server is running and is "waiting for connections".
>
> As there was a "nntpcache.c:281: SIGSEGV!" message I removed
> cache.mmap and restarted the server. Now everything is fine, nntpcache is
> running for about 1 h. -- MfG

Hmmm, I had the same trouble.  So I removed the entire cache and
restarted.  No luck.  I still get connection refused on port 119, but
do get response on the http port.

I also notice that on Aug 2 Herbert Xu posted another of his
patches to the prior release.  Did 2.3.3b1 include his earlier work or
are these going in different directions?  I was able to go to his diff-
11 patch OK.

Tim Krantz (tek@dsinc.com)