Re: NNTPC: SIGSEGV

On Sat, 25 Jul 1998, Alan Brown wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Tom wrote:
>
> >   Is it possible to determine how much of it is being used?
>
> `du cache.mmap` works for me.

  If you use anon mmap, you won't have a file cache.mmap to check the size
of.  I'd also assume that the file would be maxMmap size all the time.

> Linux is supposed to use anonymous mmap, but it still has problems
> from time-to-time with corrupted cache.mmap files.

  If Linux is using an anon mmap, cache.mmap will not get corrupted
because there won't be an anon mmap.

> Julian: It'd be a good idea to incorporate code to validate
> cache.mmap at startup and wipe/rebuild if it's corrupted.

  There are already some checks in there.  However, if mmap() isn't
reliable, not much is going to help.

> AB

Tom